Thursday, November 4, 2010

THE TOAD



Picture Courtesy: www.leapmobilefitness.com


I refuse to walk,
Make no mistake,
I shan’t crawl,
Neither will I run.


Babies crawl,
Athletes run,
Everybody else walks,
That is why I choose to hop.


Call me a toad,
Between crawling
Running or even walking,
I choose to hop,
Quite ridiculous,
Don’t you think?


I do not seek to be different,
There’s nothing wrong in being different anyway,
I only prefer doing things differently,
Venturing into a thicket,
Instead of staying on the foot path,
I emerge hours later,
Covered in cuts bruises and leaves,
But in the midst of it all,
Lie the lessons I have learnt,
Those are lessons you’ll never learn walking a footpath.


If only you knew,
While you aim at the ends of the earth,
Running walking and crawling,
In hopping,
I aim at the heavens,
Crashing down to earth every time,
But I still hop,
Everyday,
Dreaming of heaven even as
I fall back down to earth on each try.


So please,
Let me be,
Let me hop,
I find strength in your laughter,
Watching me hop,
I sure won’t stop,
Heaven sure does await,
Hop
Hop
Heaven’s my final stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment