Friday, December 10, 2010

PINS AND NEEDLES IN MY EYES




Picture courtesy www.commons.wikimedia.org


If you shed enough tears
You can drown on land.
Looking to trade places,
Can someone show me how?
Only the dead mourn the dead,
I now understand how,
Mourn me now
Because I just died.
Who listens to prayers?
I doubt he heard mine.
Pins and needles
I’m bleeding at the eyes,
If wishes were horses,
You’d be worth all of mine.
No such thing as goodbyes
This is not mine.
Forget metaphors and rhyme,
Just picking
Pins and needles out my eyes.


Tears,
That’s so cliché right now,
You just couldn’t wait
For me to blow up,
Had to leave me
Halfway through,
You’re above ground now,
It never was your time
But who am I to say?
This much I do know,
The Lord’s house is a better place,
Sad you’re gone,
Worst day of my life,
9 days into December
Year 2010.


Planned your wedding,
Yet I never showed,
School was in session,
Couldn’t hit the road,
I know that hurt you real bad,
Hope you did forgive me,
Never forgiven myself
Till this very day,
Ten years straight
We ate from the same plate
Everyday,
Food never tasted the same
Without your hand in it,
Thick as thieves,
Wherever you were @
That’s where I was @,
Sad you’re gone,
Worst day of my life,
9 days into December
Year 2010.


You were
Unwell a while before,
But things were looking up,
28th day of November
You fell off your seat in church,
Saw you a week later,
Could hardly look,
So far gone you
Couldn’t even say a word.
Only goodness knows if you
Even heard my voice while you lay
There on your hospital bed,
Can’t shake that image of you,
It haunts me everyday,
You were larger than life,
Never-say-die attitude,
Learnt that from you,
Sad you’re gone,
Worst day of my life,
9 days into December
Year 2010.


Close to 15 uncles I got
But in my mind
I had only one and
That was you,
Peeps always thought us brothers,
Some even thought us best mates,
I sit here nursing a headache
My eyes bloodshot
With acid running through my veins,
I keep asking myself this question,
What is the point?
After all,
We all die,
I feel we’re all walking blind,
But who am I to say,
Lord knows best,
I’m just a puppet walking
This earth,
Just waiting for my show to end,
Till that day
When He cuts my strings,
W)fa nante yie
Damirifa due
Due
W)fa damirifa due,
I’d trade places with you in a heartbeat,
That’s how much you mean to me,
Sad you’re gone,
Worst day of my life,
9 days into December
Year 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment