Thursday, February 17, 2011

GOODNESS KNOWS WHY




Picture courtesy www.flickr.com


I hurry along
I board a bus
Driver tarries,
Sigh of relief,
Finally,
We’re on our way.


Suddenly,
Driver’s mate disembarks
A ripe smell in his wake as he
Walks casually in the direction of a hawker
Busy fanning a locally made grill,
It becomes apparent,
He craves roasted plantain.


Seated as though unperturbed
I’m a picture of annoyance
And impatience,
Not particularly fond of
Where I’m going to,
Time really has no bearing here,
So why am I this annoyed?
Why am I this impatient?
Goodness knows why.

2 comments:

  1. A little patience here and there can save your day a whole lot of trouble. It's soo true! Trying the opposite could mess up your day. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armah, that's so true but sometimes, you just can't help it bro...lol...hope u're well...good morning...

    ReplyDelete