Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HEAVEN ON AN EARTHLY STAGE




Picture courtesy www.dorlingkindersley-uk.co.uk


You touch me in
An intimate place,
Softly
Gently,
My senses run amok
As though possessed,
On the tips of bamboo
Poles you make me a stage
Seducing my whole being
With that which soothes
The mind and tickles
The soul to the point where
Commonsense fails find
Commonsense in commonsense
In your presence
Reason goes to sleep
You give reason
Reason enough to sleep.


Lost in your fragrance
As you tease and mock
Earlobes
Eardrums to the
Point of unconditional submission,
You take possession of these limbs
As though your own,
Stringing me along like
Needle and twine
Slowly,
You build
Within a body none other
Than my very own,
Yet that which I feel within
Has reason of its own,
How does one become a stranger
In a place called home?


As darkness puts
Blindfold over the light
I see nothing yet I
See everything,
You’re beauty so inimitable
Good in the mouth,
Pleasing to the eyes,
You’re music
You’re dance
That piece of heaven
Gracing an earthly stage.


Inspired by the movie - For Coloured Girls(written, produced and directed by Tyler Perry) based on a stage play written by Ntozake Shange

No comments:

Post a Comment