Wednesday, October 17, 2012

BURIED THAT YOU MAY LIVE





Picture courtesy www.sharecg.com

You were not wrapped
In linen

Neither were you laid
In a coffin

We thrust you in dirt
With clothes of nakedness

Buried,
That someday you may live

No one wailed
There was no ceremony

We hurried with it
We went on our way

Yet water we did give you everyday,
After all, thirst is everyday.

Who sends water to the buried
You ask?

I bid you wait,
Tomorrow is answers for today

Days gave birth to months
Weeds overrun where you lay

We pulled at them
But they just would not go

Tired of this game of cat
And mouse, we let them be.

Then one morning
With the sun on your heels

You broke through dirt
Opened up to the heavens crying
I’m alive!!

Folks,
My ode to a mango tree.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. The salo mango will ripe with blushes at this. hehe...I followed you here from FFF, and I am glad I did. Don't bother, CIA helped me cover my tracks...:)

    ReplyDelete