Friday, October 5, 2012

IN SEARCH OF HOME



Picture courtesy www.bsmarkham.com


I’m on my way,
But where to?
Probably home,
But where is home?
Who has seen home?

So many forks in the road
I’m confused,
Which way do I turn?
Like a broken compass,
I fail find true North.

Its afternoon
Yet I Walk in search of daylight.
At night,
Darkness gives my bit o sleep
Sleepless nights.

Like the hands of a clock
I move to the rhythm of tick tock
Going through the motions
From dusk till dawn

Then today,
You wake my consciousness
Like wind straddling that sleepy
Trapdoor on crooked hinges.


Right there and then,
As if on cue,
Pen meets paper
I begin to write.

I smile,
Wider, becomes my smile
Like a child held in
A mother’s arms.

You are home,
You’ve always been here
Home is pen and paper
Home is peace
Home is when I sit to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment