Thursday, August 26, 2010

PLEADING MY SANITY



Clipart Courtesy: www.empcp.org


Please do not think me insane,
Beyond reason and out of range,
I’m nowhere near crazy and deranged.
Yes, I do sit all by myself
On those lonely stairs with no one else around,
Yet you see my lips move
And you can hear me speak
As though I were with someone else.


I only try to find reason,
Reason with one you cannot see,
One who resides deep within,
One causing me much grief and angst.
But please, do not get ahead of yourself,
I do not grind an axe with the Lord
I do not speak of the Lord.


My steps have become laboured,
My feet heavy,
Weary
Hands tired
Unresponsive
My head
A scene of utter and complete mess
I’m in great distress
Unimaginable pain
But I’m neither injured nor heartbroken.


Please, do cradle the phone,
A mental institution's not where i belong,
Neither do i need a sanitarium,
Be that kind,
Allow me plead my sanity,
I do know one plus one equals two,
I do not intend arguing three the answer.


I know what day today is,
Monday of course,
It is only on Monday’s that the
Baker bakes pastries and loaves of bread,
I can hear new loaves calling out in the distance.
I know my name,
Yours i do know too,
And at first glance,
I can tell you wear size eight shoes.
Please, do not act surprised,
I really am in touch with my senses,
I only sit here trying to reason with a common cold.


It has plagued me for weeks without reprieve,
I do not mind the nasal congestion,
Coughing and
The headaches,
I only seek to rediscover my lost imagination,
Imagination lost to a common cold.
I’m no longer able draw pictures in my mind,
I’ve grown irritable
And unable to write like I used to,
I’m in distress,
Under duress,
Can’t seem to slip these burgeoning restraints.


My pen sits idle on my desk
While paper collects buckets of dust
Both night and day,
I cannot go a day without writing a piece,
It’s been weeks now since I last wrote a piece,
I’m at my wits end,
Quite close to going over the bend,
Hence my sitting here plotting a coup,
A coup on how to overthrow an obnoxious cold.


Please if you can,
Do lend me a hand,
Help me reason with a cold,
I need release from this prison of his.
For should I stay there any longer
I fear I just might lose my mind,
Please help me overthrow a common cold,
I only sit here trying to reason with a pesky cold.

8 comments:

  1. He that asks of the Lord with a clear heart will receive from Him. Speedy recovery, bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Armah, i'm way better now bro. actually wrote this piece wen de cold was at a crescendo.guess i managed plead my sanity eh?....thanks for de goodwill...good morning....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess you've got your sanity back since you were able to write this piece. Just incase of another cold episode, here is recommendation: HOT SOUP/a simple common cold prescription, works for me all the time

    ReplyDelete
  4. To the uninitiated, these words may sound jazz to the ear but to we the thinkers, this piece draw us more closer to nature & its impact.For in the faculty of thou sanity you will feed humanity with no vanity!keep on writing fellow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kwesi, i guess i got it bak bro..lol....jst wrote down your recommendatn, next time i get an unwanted visitor in the shape of a cold, i'll treat it to sme hot soup and mediation....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agyei, you sed it all bro. guess i've found ma co-pilot on this subject....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helplessly stunned at the creative ability of articulating a simple desire to be aided to deal with a cold. Felt like i was listening to a soothing tune by a fireplace. A sure master piece!!... Hot shower, light soup with "amane" and probably quick action should do sir. I love this

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eddie, you're de only one who can throw fizz into freshly baked loaves of bread and an insanity plea by introducing "amane", light soup and a bit of quick action too...lol....

    ReplyDelete