Sunday, October 31, 2010

LEAVE YOUR HUMANITY AT HOME



Picture Courtesy: www.reachingwithinfawn.blogspot.com


In the midst of hundreds,
There I was,
Human traffic
Ebbed and flowed.


He headed straight for me,
Neglected the one to my left
And the other to my right,
But I walked right past him as though blind.


I had no idea what he wanted from me,
Neither was I interested,
You might think me rude
For I just kept walking,
Couldn’t spare a moment to listen,
If only you knew what I know.


Out in the Central Business District of Accra,
If any stranger dares approach you,
Whether smartly dressed,
Or terribly dressed,
Act as though he or she were a disease.


Hurry up,
Double step,
Before you fall prey to a miscreant
Pickpocket or one much worse.


As long as you’re wearing a smile,
A shirt and shoes,
Probably with earpieces in your ear,
And you happen to be walking in town,
Remember this much,
All they see is a walking ATM,
So whenever leaving home for town,
Kindly leave your humanity at home,
You might end up very sorry if you
Happen to do the opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment