Monday, October 4, 2010

WHY THE PAUSE



Picture Courtesy: www.hubpages.com


I paused,
To catch my breath,
Not because I was tired,
Neither was I short of breath,
But rather
So I could gaze upon the big picture,
In whose eyes I could find perspective.


Oh yes,
I gazed upon those eyes,
And I did find perspective,
It shook the very ground on which I stood,
Left me staring in disbelief,
I was amazed,
So taken aback,
My lower jaw tumbled to the floor.


The birds hidden among the eaves and rafters,
Could no longer hide,
For they could not believe what they just saw,
In droves they flocked out,
Accompanied by choruses of laughter,
In laughter,
They forgot they could fly,
Instead,
They rolled up and down the concrete walls
And marble floor,
After which they asked me for cups of water,
For their throats had become sore,
From all that laughter.
When they had drunk their fill,
They then asked for a brush to
Straighten out their feathers,
For they had become rumpled.


In those crazy moments,
With birds rolling on floors and walls
Instead of circling in the skies above,
I found perspective,
There’s so much colour in life,
But not all with eyes can see this,
What matters most in this life of ours,
Is not how much time and effort
We put into colouring our lives,
But rather,
It is what we end up doing with
Whatever colours are available to us,
In every second of each day,
That gives meaning to our lives,
It is not how much colour we add that makes the difference,
It is rather what we do with the few colours we have,
That makes a world of difference.

2 comments:

  1. Electrifying and inspiring. terrific ending -It is not how much colour we add that makes the difference,It is rather what we do with the few colours we have,That makes a world of difference.- I just picked up my pen after this... thanks bruva.... Great piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eddie, keep that pen bleeding. it's an unimaginable feeling looking upon your handiwork...let's be like kids with crayons and a colouring book. regardless how many crayons of different colours they have at their disposal, they always colour up the book...

    ReplyDelete