Thursday, July 1, 2010

KNIVES IN A GUN FIGHT, WHO’S TO BLAME?

KNIVES IN A GUN FIGHT, WHO’S TO BLAME?

You danced and pranced
Sitting on your high horse
Bellowing to all within an earshot and afar north
This is way too easy, you said.
I could do it with my eyes closed
I’m the best man for the job.
You tooted your horns and sold to us your prowess
You gyrated in the market squares and sung propaganda
Even came knocking on our doors at home for good measure
With a toothy smile and shifty eyes you sold to us these words
I care for you, I really do care.


With many a doubts hanging over your head,
You wormed your way onto the throne
Surrounding yourself with goons and buffoons
And you went through everything like a bull in a china shop.
We look on bewildered while riddled with your excuses
Instead of reasons why you will succeed,
You sell to us reasons why we should watch you fail
Blaming it all on the other guy
He’s the culprit, do blame it on him.
Arrest them for perjury arrest them for treason
Please do arrest them for no real reason
Do not get me wrong,
I wear no colours; I’m only a fella in plain clothes,
I bear no grudges, just a voice in the wilderness.


I hear your cries
I hear complaints
I hear u sway the gullible to your heart’s content
Churning out propaganda and lies like a cheese-cake factory on the night before Christmas
I hear everything you say but act mute.
Why? Because you are full of tricks and hot air
You are just smoke and mirrors sir
With nothing else on offer.
Please sir, a question for you….
Why did you bring a knife to a gun fight?
Now your bullet riddled body lies in the market square
While your aides look on at a shambles unfold.
You gasp for breath while knitting an excuse.
I pray you live and run the full mile.
I wish you well because you are my king
But please sir, if there ever is a next time,
Don’t you ever bring a knife to a gun fight
Acting surprised while being blown to bits…

No comments:

Post a Comment